Events support volunteers
We are looking for volunteers who would like to support us in our events programme – from organising a litter pick to helping out on an organised walk. This is a flexible role and could take up as much or as little time as you can offer!
We would like to invite volunteers to get involved with the planning and delivery of our events programme, to further our aims of raising the profile of and protecting Lancashire’s countryside.
This role is particularly interesting as we would like to highlight both rural Lancashire’s green spaces and those within our urban areas of Greater Manchester and the Liverpool City Region. We are also interested in working with rural businesses to highlight local food and drink production in the county via tours and visits.
- contributing ideas for events based on experience, contacts and interests
- taking an active role in organising event(s) for the branch
- building relationships with local businesses/corporates to negotiate venues/destinations for events
- researching the possibility of CPRE members, supporters and patrons who have celebrated homes or gardens contributing to the events programme
- being an advocate for the charity at all times – asking people to join, giving out leaflets, gathering names of interested parties and talking about our work
Events Volunteers could be involved in many aspects of planning an event including:
- designing posters and leaflets, with the support of the Branch Development officer
- distributing printed publicity material to promote the event
- researching and inviting dignitaries/local celebrities to attend
- arranging photography for the event
- helping with organisation on the day and providing feedback afterwards
If you would like to learn more or to get involved, please email email@example.com in the first instance.